Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dedicated to all my fellow quilters!

So, it is no secret, I have become very involved with quilting. I have some wonderful quilter buddies in Norfolk, Virginia and many in other states as well, that I have bonded with over the last couple of years. I miss them all so much- but here I have found one (yes only one) quilt shop in Sunny Vale which is great. In looking through the newspaper on Thursday I found that there is a quilt museum in San Jose- so my Saturday ventures took me there. A very beautiful quilt museum that is now 30 years old, started by the Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association. They have one room dedicated to vintage quilts and some fascinating exhibitions. Ok, imagine a quilt that has roots from the 60's called Peripheral Visions! Or how about some geometrical shapes? In addition to quilts they currently have an exhibition of weaving, now I'm not talking about just weaving-- how about photographics that are woven? To see the current display check out www.SJQuiltMuseum.org